This week on the Eclectic Web, we’d like to draw your attention once again to the subject of alcohol. This is a theme we’ve addressed numerous times here on Proclaim & Defend (links below). Many Christians today seem to have no conscience whatever against the use of alcohol, a view that we oppose.
Last week, alcohol use was the theme of Chapel at Bob Jones University. We encourage you to check the messages here. Links to the downloads of each individual message appears below.
UPDATE: Steve Hafler blogs on the subject here.
Previous Proclaim & Defend articles on alcohol:
By Mike Harding:
- About Face: the dramatic shift in Christian attitudes towards alcohol
- Why Believers Today Should Abstain from Alcohol (Part 1)
- Why Believers Today Should Abstain from Alcohol (Part 2)
- Why Believers Today Should Abstain from Alcohol (Part 3)
- Carest Thou Not That We Perish?
- Not Given to Wine
- A Survey of Biblical Teaching on Alcohol
- Additional Resources on Alcohol
By Don Johnson
By Doug Wright
By Chuck Phelps
From the FrontLine archives
By David Potter
By Proclaim & Defend
- Around the Web – Alcohol
- Around the Web–April 27, 2012
- Around the Web–9/26/12: Alcohol and More
- The Eclectic Web–2012/12/13
- The Eclectic Web–2013.01.17