Our friend and good brother, Mark Minnick, preached two messages in response to the Supreme Court ruling on same sex marriages last Sunday. He has given us permission to host the audio files on our site. We draw your attention to them with this post and offer the following summary of the ten points Dr. Minnick made in his message:
- Adopt God’s worldview unreservedly, Psalm 2 (Human history is full of man casting off God’s restraints.)
- Root your position in marriage immovably, Genesis 1, 2
- Accept God’s law about homosexuality unquestionably, 1 Timothy 1:8-11; Lev. 18:22
- Remember God’s judgments fearfully, Gen 19 (Sodom and Gomorrah is referenced nine times in the NT, from Matthew to Revelation: Matt. 10:15; 11:23, 24; Mark 6:11; Luke 10:12; 17:29; 2 Peter 2:6; Jude 1:7; Revelation 11:8. Those in Sodom and Gomorrah indulged in gross immorality and went after strange and unnatural desires.)
- Repent of judging hypocritically, Romans 2:1-5
- Evangelize all people hopefully, 1 Timothy 2:1-5
- Suffer for Christ patiently, 1 Peter 4:12-19 (Respond wisely (as serpents) and harmlessly (as doves).)
- Correct gently, 2 Tim. 2:23-26
- Embrace our pilgrim status fully, 1 Peter 2:11
- Know confidently that the Lord will rescue the godly, 2 Peter 2:5
Audio file links:
- A Christian Perspective on the Supreme Court’s Ruling on Same Sex Marriage (1)
- A Christian Perspective on the Supreme Court’s Ruling on Same Sex Marriage (2)
We heartily endorse our brother’s preaching ministry. You can find these and other messages at the Mount Calvary Baptist Church site. They will be edifying to your soul.
Dr. Mark Minnick is the pastor of Mount Calvary Baptist Church in Greenville, South Carolina, and serves as adjunct professor of preaching and exposition at Bob Jones Seminary.