- Is Rap Really a Canvas? David de Bruyn begins what looks to be an excellent series of posts arguing against the neutrality of musical forms like rap.
- We published an article by our friend Brian Collins on Tuesday – “A New Song? What the early church might have thought of CCM”. He adds three additional observations from Stapert’s work on his blog:
- When Are We Going to Grow Up? The Juvenilization of American Christianity – very interesting article in CT on the changes in the church.
Juvenilization is the process by which the religious beliefs, practices, and developmental characteristics of adolescents become accepted as appropriate for adults. It began with the praiseworthy goal of adapting the faith to appeal to the young, which in fact revitalized American Christianity. But it has sometimes ended with both youth and adults embracing immature versions of the faith. In any case, white evangelicals led the way.
We might have a further look at this topic in the coming days.
On the ‘gay rights’ front:
- The new civil rights movement? Associated Baptist Press publishes a column in support of acceptance of gays in church with a lame disclaimer about simply publishing “all views.”
- California Moves To Pass First State Ban of Gay Conversion Therapy –short article, includes links to other articles showing weakness in churches on this issue.
- Pastor amends comment about killing gays Says excerpt that went viral on the web misses the context of full sermon.
There are plenty of stories to shock our Christian sensibilities all over the web and in our local newspapers. It shouldn’t surprise us, we know what the world is like. We can’t hope to reform it all, but perhaps you can be a part in reforming some soul in your neighborhood by giving him or her the gospel of Jesus Christ.